About Society Information:
Central Psychiatric Society was established back in the year 1974 by our Founding President, Dr. B. B. Sethi and Founding General Secretary, Dr. A. K. Agarwal, Founding Editor, Dr. Indira Sharma for public awareness and welfare. First Zonal Coordinator to IPS were Dr. O. N. Shrivastava, and Dr. B. B. Sethi.
The journal “Indian Journal of Behavioural Sciences” is an official journal of our Society.
Aims and Objectives of CPS
- To Promote and Advance Psychiatry and Allied Sciences in their different branches and to promote the improvement of the mental health of the people and mental health education in the zone.
- To Promote Prevention, Control, Treatment and Relief of all psychiatric disabilities.
- To formulate and advise on the standards of education and training for medical and auxiliary personnel in psychiatry and to recommend adequate teaching facilities for the purpose.
- To Promote Research in the field of Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- To Deal with any matters relating to mental health concerning the zone and to do all other things as are cognate to the objects of the Indian Psychiatric Society.
- To Deal with any matter relating to mental health concerning the central zone and to do all other things as are cognate to the subjects of the Indian Psychiatric Society.
- To Safeguard the interest of psychiatrist and fellow professionals in central zone.
- To Promote ethical standard in the practice of psychiatry in central zone.